Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Holes

Today while running errands with my posse - AKA Ashlyn and Megan, I decided to stop and get Devin an Apple Pie Carmel Apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate. Anyone who's ever had one will know they are too die for - I could go on and on about them....

Right across from Rocky Mountain in the strip mall was a Claire's. I decided that I would ask Ashlyn (again) if she would like to get her ears pierced. Now, we have been working on this since September when she turned 5. I wanted her to get them early enough before Kindergarten that by the time she went to school they would be all healed up. We have been in and out of different ear piercing shops at least 3 times since her birthday and she has always chickened out. Today however, she said she wanted to do it and she would NOT back out.

We went in and she picked some cute rainbow flower studs and climbed up on the tall seat. They even had a cute teddy bear to hold. The funniest part to me was that it took 10 minutes for the technician (is that what you would call her?) to get the little dots even on her ears. If you know Ashlyn, she has hear uncle Devon's ears that poke out. Hers are even a little crooked - but I love them, and think she is darling no matter what, and I hope she is never self conscious about them because that is part of what makes her so cute to me!

Another girl came over to help so they could do both ears at the same time. She was so brave and only cried a little bit!

Well, of course, as soon as Megan saw Ashlyn getting all the attention she decided that she had better get her ears pierced as well and she also wanted the rainbow flower earrings. I was a little worried with her being younger, but she is usually my tough kid so I gave in. We got to the point where the piercing guns (that sounds scary) were over her ears and she started freaking out, but told her it was too late, we counted to three and it was done! She cried a little harder than Ashlyn, but within 5 minutes she was fine too!

When we got home, I told them to go stand in front of Daddy and see if he noticed. Of course he did, because Devin notices everything like that!

Hopefully things go smoothly and we don't have any problems with them! Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment